I felt like baking today. In other words, I felt like almost setting my kitchen on fire to make something that resembles what you expel from your body when you have food poisoning.
I wouldn’t say I was a terrible cook… a better word would be ‘abysmal’. So I’m not sure what was going through my head when I thought me+baking= tasty food. Perhaps i had a mild stroke?
At 6pm today, I believed that I would actually be able to make this.
I mean what can go wrong? All you have to do is whack some flour, butter and milk into a cup and put it in the microwave for one minute. It turns out, ladies and gentleman that a lot can go wrong. First came the smoke from the microwave- it turns out that my food can’t handle a whole minute in the microwave before it combusts. Then came the chocolate explosion in the microwave, which had to be cleaned (thanks cake in a mug). This, is the end result.
Yummy… It looks just like the pictures… sort of… not at all. The moral message from this tragic tale is the importance of perseverance. One day, with practice, I might create the cake in the picture without setting the fire alarms off! Then again, another message is to never let the incompetent try to bake a cake in a mug… In which caseF, I think I’ll stick to shop bought cakes for now.
Here is the recipe if you (dare) to try it for yourself!